Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App Development for Intermediate Users

teruoarai
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

How do I open the file (answer_file_analytic_app_development_for_intermediate_users.yxwz) at the following link to follow along the recorded class?

Analytic App Development for Intermediate Users:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Analytic-App-Development-for-Intermediate-Users/td-p/148081 

Thanks,

Teruo

6 REPLIES 6
RithiS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Teruo,

Open it directly in Designer by going to File > Open Workflow > Browse, or by dragging the yxwz file from Windows Explorer directly onto the canvas.

Double-clicking the file will open the analytic app's GUI that allows end users to enter their own inputs.

Thanks,

teruoarai
6 - Meteoroid

Hi RithiS,

Thanks a lot for sharing the solution.

After I run the workflow, I saw this error message. Does that mean that I don't have the input data?

I thought it would be like yxzb file and we will have the data, but I guess it does not work that way, correct?

In that case, if we want to share the analytic APP, we should ensure that the end user would have the data, correct?

Error message:

Data File.png

Thanks again,

Teruo

RithiS
Alteryx
Alteryx

After I run the workflow, I saw this error message. Does that mean that I don't have the input data?

That's right. Fortunately the sample data is installed with Designer. In 2019.4 it can be found in:

• %localappdata%\Alteryx\Samples\en\SampleData (NonAdmin - paste this path into Windows Explorer)
  • C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\en\SampleData (Admin)

If you want to share this analytic app with the data source, first find the correct file path for the yxdb file and configure the Input Data so it's loading the data.

Then go to Options > Export Workflow and ensure that you have the yxdb checked as an asset. It will create a yxzp file that can be shared with others. I have attached the analytic app with the data source included.

teruoarai
6 - Meteoroid

Hi RithiS,

Thank you so much for sharing the solution again!

It solved all problems! I love Alteryx Community!

Regards,

Teruo

Ragini1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for sharing this solution. How can we select multiple instead of one file in Alteryx designer? The second question is, instead of sorting if I want to select particular criteria from the field how to do that?

Can you please help me with this question? Looking forward to your response.

ChrisYang
5 - Atom

I ran on Alteryx version 2022.1.1.42590. The sample file is saved at: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\data\SampleData\Master Store File - CO.yxdb

Labels