Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytic APP

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

I'm trying to create simple App with Dropdown or a Checkbox where the user can choose the File either the current Date file or Previous Month end file ( .xlsx).

In my workflow I have the following say 

- Directory Tool - where the Data Input files are stored.

- Formula tool  - Getting the File Date from the file name.

- Custom filter  -  to basically filter the Input file for the current Date and Previous Month end files.

Please see the attached screenshot of my WF config

3 REPLIES 3
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @suby 

I got you!  Packaged Apps attached.

You need to chain apps to run in succession of the previous app's successful completion.

The records of the selected file in App2 will pass through to additional tools of your choice

Hope you like it and accept as a solution.

App1

• List files in target directory
  • Select FullPath and FileName
  • Filter (adjust accordingly)
  • Output filtered list of files

App2

• Configure a Tree tool as follows and pointing to your 'FILES' output from App1
  • Assign FullPath as Key
  • Assign FileName as Description

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

suby
11 - Bolide

Hell,,

Thank you for your time.

When i run the App 2 I can see the Radio Buttons with multiple File names and and when i choose a File name and then click finish it  says

''The FileID does not match in the FileHeader''

Do you know why this is happening any thoughts ?

Also to clarify say if I have selected a file and is that any further processing it has to built in APP2 am i right ?

Thanks

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @suby 

I don't understand, sorry.

This error is typically thrown when trying to read a file that does not match the selected File Format, but also in rare cases, from a corrupted file.

Are you:

• Inputting a yxdb file?
    • Make sure your file type is .yxdb rather than .csv, .kml, etc.

• Trying to access a yxdb while it's updating?
    • If you try to access the yxdb before the module is done running, or if the module crashes/errors during the creation of the yxdb, you'll see this error. Use a Block Until Done tool immediately before your Output tool.

• Using a Directory tool/ Dynamic Input?
    • Specify the file type. If your Dynamic Input is pointing to a yxdb template, use the *.yxdb wildcard in your Directory tool, rather than the all-extensions wildcard *.*

• Running an app in the Gallery?
    • Check 'Replace a specific string' in the Action connected to the Input tool where you specified the file type.
Labels