Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx yxdb file size keeps increasing

tanvimakhija
7 - Meteor

The size of output yxdb file for my workflow keeps on increasing even though the workflow isn't being executed. When trying to open the yxdb file it gives an error saying the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (attaching the error screenshot) however, we are pretty sure the yxdb file is not being used in any other workflows.

Kindly help in how we can stop the file size from increasing and access the file

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @tanvimakhija,

I have not faced this issue before, but here is one post which has similar problem as your query.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/The-process-cannot-access-the-file-bec...

I hope it helps with your use case

Sapna Gupta
tanvimakhija
7 - Meteor

Hi Sapna

Thanks for your response. I went through the post however, the solution given by the user wont be possible for me to try as the workflow I am working on are client WFs and changing the folder structure isn't permitted

What we are trying now is to check with the admin for the server if they can check which process is using the yxdb file for us to move further

Thanks anyway 🙂

Regards

Tanvi Makhija

Labels