Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx report - Formatting

yychim
6 - Meteoroid

Screenshot 2024-04-06 115115.pngGreetings, Alteryx Community,

I am seeking assistance with Alteryx to construct an Excel report that adheres to the following specifications:

1. Any negative numbers within the dataset should be formatted in red.

2. The report title should include a time range, formatted as "DD/MM/YYYY", which corresponds to the period covered by the data source.

3. A merged cell should be used to create a summary column header that spans three columns, with individual column titles still present beneath it.

4. The Excel output should retain the use of Excel formulas as found in my provided sample file.

5. The report should feature color formatting to enhance readability and presentation.

To conclude, i wanna use Alteryx to generate the exactly the same excel report like my attachment with same formatting and calculation.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 115115.png

Your expertise  would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help.

1 REPLY 1
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

1. Any negative numbers within the dataset should be formatted in red.

REPORTING TOOLS -> TABLE -> Column or Row Rules for conditional formatting
2. The report title should include a time range, formatted as "DD/MM/YYYY", which corresponds to the period covered by the data source.

REPORT TOOLS -> TEXT -> Pull in those 2 fields for the date ranges, datetimeformat() them with a formula tool prior to the text tool if you please or use a DateTime tool and convert the date field to a string field.

3. A merged cell should be used to create a summary column header that spans three columns, with individual column titles still present beneath it.

You'll need to use many Reporting tools and configure the final report to your needs. Right click on the LAYOUT tool and open the example. This will show you how you can configure your reporting tools for alignment etc.

4. The Excel output should retain the use of Excel formulas as found in my provided sample file.

I'd firstly create the document, and then have a second execution where you use the Output Tool like so:
community.png

5. The report should feature color formatting to enhance readability and presentation.

Configure your Reporting Table as per your requirements

To conclude, i wanna use Alteryx to generate the exactly the same excel report like my attachment with same formatting and calculation.

@yychim hopefully this provides a good starting point for you. If you have questions, feel free to ask. I won't be building this, only advising.

All the best,

BS

Labels