Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx datetime string to date

terrellchong
Asteroide

Hi all, I have a column of string that is in different pattern and i would like to parse it all into a standardize format.

I had running out of ideas, from parsing it and remerge it, to using 3 datetime or more and edit it for each column so that it can parse all the data

the way i did is not efficient so I would like to ask in community for a better way to do it.

Thanks!

edited - was look into bb date parsing method, but found no way to download it.

7 RESPOSTAS 7
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The title seems to indicate you want to convert to Time but there are no time data formats in Book2.xlsx. Is this correct?

terrellchong
Asteroide

oh sorry, is to date! sorry sorry.

terrellchong
Asteroide

bump!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@terrellchong 
I checked the data and I am sorry but I gave up.
The date is having like dd-MM-yyyy and MM-dd-yyyy and I dont alteryx can tell which is which. 🤔

csh8428
Bólide

@terrellchong The input columns are in various formats and even the data within them differ, so I don't think there's a way to programmatically change them all.

How I would do it:

1. Filter each field based on it's format(has a dash, a period, a slash, etc...)
  2. Union the ones with the same format
  3. Use a multi-row formula(datetimeparse) and apply it to the fields based on the format
  4. Union all the fixed fields back
ztriano
Meteoro

@terrellchong See attached update. I determined all of the different possible types of dates in your data and i converted each one individually and i was able to then merge them back together with a formula tool and then reform it into the original format. In the container I made, I did a check to ensure I converted all of the dates. In the last tool of the container, I put the items i was unable to convert since they do not appear to be in a date format. I hope this helps!

binuacs
Arcturus

@terrellchong Multi-Formula tool would help

Saqueador
binuacs_0-1640125042713.png

Rótulos