Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx currupted my excel file for no reason

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Alteryx just currupted 2 sheets of my file.

Joker_Hazard_0-1630667655330.png

Joker_Hazard_1-1630667699193.png

Joker_Hazard_0-1630667857195.png

I am very sad because of this, can someone explain me when this will be fixed? It was working FINE for 4 months and out nothing this has happened.

5 REPLIES 5
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Joker_Hazard ,

did you use the same Alteryx version? I had a similar experience after upgrading from 2021.1 to 2021.2, using 2021.3 everything works fine again ...

Best,

Roland

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

I still haven't upgraded due to compliace rules in my company. Does this fix it?

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

At least I had no problems using 2021.1 and 2021.3 , but similar problems using other versions - let's say, may be ... 

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@Joker_Hazard 

In the chance you have not re-ran the workflow again after it corrupted the file, Alteryx automatically creates a backup file of the XLSX file the output tool is set to overwrite. Look for the "*.xlsx.bak" file and just delete the ".bak" part from the file name.

If you have re-ran, then the bak file is likely a copy of the corrupt at this point. 

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Unfortunatelly my backup was not saved because I ran the workflow twice. 

Thanks for the help guys, I saw some posts regarding this issue and alteryx does have problems with dinamic tables in excel. 

Cheers

Labels