Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx chained app showing up twice

Yallah365
5 - Atom

So I have been looking at Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator. I understand how it works but at the end when I click ok to view the results, the pop up for the last question appears again. I can still exit out of it and see the results but I am just wondering why this happens.

Yallah365_0-1656425321921.pngYallah365_1-1656425326224.png

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Analytic App don't close if you press Finish, it will pop up the results. To close it you need to click Exit.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Yallah365 If you don't have anything ticked here it will auto close: 

IraWatt_0-1656426624777.png

I don't think there's any other way of controlling the auto close though. 

Yallah365
5 - Atom

Hi both, thanks for the reply, sorry I updated the file now and I hope it more clearly demonstrates the problem, I am basically asking why the box comes up twice when I change the output to .yxdb at the end when I go through the whole app

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think this always happens if you tick show results to user. The last app stays open and pops in front of the results window.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Yallah365, as @IraWatt mentioned the last app screen will stay open as you are saving the file as yxdb so it will give you a popup to see the results and when the result window opens it brings the app dropdown box in front. An alternate would be to use a browse tool instead if you just want to see the end result instead of saving it to a file then it will not pop up in front.

Attaching the workflow with alternate solution.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Labels