Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Wildcard overwrites data?

DenisZ
11 - Bolide

I have multiples files with the same format and I'm loading them in using the Alteryx Wildcard (*) which works completely fine. However, it appers that some data is overwritten. The workflow is attached.

Upper "flow" is selecting a spesific cell that contains a name. Lower gets out the data. When I use the "append fields" to append the name of the company to the data, then it only takes the last document name. 

Is there a way to fix this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

@DenisZ hard to tell exactly what’s going on. However, as you mention appending the ‘name’ which comes from the top stream… with the append fields tool, this will append whatever comes in the bottom anchor onto the top anchor. If you try switching the inputs round i.e. top stream into the bottom (source) anchor and bottom stream into the top (target) anchor, does this remedy the issue?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DenisZ 
Are you using the option of below when you output the data?
And you need to bring the file name also in the input tool.

Capture1.PNGUntitled21.png

DenisZ
11 - Bolide

No unfortunately, the numbers are correct, but the name which is in the file is still the last file as it appears. 

DenisZ
11 - Bolide

Actually, since my filenames have the correct names already, outputting the file name would be a solution. 

Labels