Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx VLookup

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Hello All! 

I have a macro that looks up the country in my text data input and populates 'Payment Terms as per policy' against the country in the input data file. However, I'm trying to run the render function and it is not working for me. Would be great if anyone can go through my macro and point out the error. Attaching my files here. 

Thanks,

Madhur

8 REPLIES 8
Raj
14 - Magnetar

Not able to run your Macro as there is something missing.
please share the zip file of workflow.Also why are you not using Find and replace tool or join tool to easily vlookup the data.

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Try if this attachment works. 

I don't want to find and replace but find and append a column next to the name of the country. If there is no match, it can leave it blank. Thoughts ? 

Thanks, 
Madhur

Raj
14 - Magnetar

appending an field is also possible by find and replace which is quite easy way.
Although will check the Macro attached.

till time give a try to find and replace this is a easy way according to me.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Madhur12 
As @Raj mentioned, there are some files and data are missing in your attachment.
Can you use the Function "Export Workflow", so we can take a look?

0118-Madhur12.png

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu @Raj Here is the exported workflow for you guys to look at! 

I tried to use find and replace and the append but it didnt work for me. Please let me know if you can figure a way out!

Thanks a lot!

Madhur

Raj
14 - Magnetar

sorry but i am still not able to understand what you want to achieve as you are being self-appending the complete data.
it would be great if you could tell the expectation to achieve in output.

do you want to bring the days column from master list or something else?
@Madhur12 

Raj
14 - Magnetar

are you looking at something different 
please find the flow attached.

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much @Raj. This worked. 

Labels