Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Python Tool with Interface

wwc008love
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Community, 

We're trying to write a Python tool for SharePoint upload and download as the SharePoint tools are still not available to use. 

I have tested the Python codes are working, able to connect to SharePoint and upload the file from network drive to SharePoint folder. 

I encountered a roadblock when packaging this Python tool into a macro using interface tools. I think the problem is that the Action tools are not replacing strings as I expected. 

Could anyone help me take a look what I did wrong in the sample workflow attached.  Many thanks ! 

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

This has been addresses a few times in the past few months here - use a text input tool and bring that into Python. Update the text input tool - do not update the Python code. 

Worse than not working - this may work some of the time - but it will not work consistently. Just don't do it.

wwc008love
7 - Meteor

Thank you.  This makes sense.  The challenge is that we want the user password to be masked.  Interface tool has an option to mask the password if we enter that in the field. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

encrypt/lock the macro?

Labels