Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Output Data Component Not Overwriting my existing data instead it appends the data

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am facing issue with Alteryx Output Data Component, I have selected the option to "Overwrite Sheet (drop)" option. But still it is not Overwriting my existing data from that sheet instead it appends the data with the same sheet. FYI, I am reading the same sheet and doing some data manipulation after that I am writing back to the same sheet. The excel workbook is in .xls format, would be an issue?

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Parthasarathi  I tried the overwriting the sheet with .xlsx format and it worked fine for me. Below is the configuration of the Output Data tool:

grazitti_sapna_0-1662466773778.png

Sapna Gupta
Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

@Sapna Gupta,

Thank you for your reply, I have tried the same earlier. But it is not retaining the formats. Only values are copied to the new sheet. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Parthasarathi , Which format is it not retaining. As in my case when I am overwriting the data to the same file the format of the file is .xlsx only as it was while using it as input. Can you share your workflow so that I can try to provide you specific solution?

Sapna Gupta
Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

@Sapna Gupta,

The target excel column has a formula to get data from a different excel using VLookup, when it is overwritten by Alteryx while opening the excel getting this warning - "Removed Records: Formula from /xl/calcChain.xml part (Calculation properties)" and no formatting retained. Like formula, font style and cell colors.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Parthasarathi  Can you share you workflow and excel files so that I can understand the problem better and provide you with feasible approaches.

Thanks!!

Sapna Gupta
Labels