Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Freezes when attempting to upload looped chain apps to gallery

patrickprentice
8 - Asteroid

So I've created my first looped chained app meant to assist in QA in our datasets.  It's really small, really simple.  The first app fires off the second app and the second app fires off the first app on a successful.  It works perfectly on desktop but when I try to upload it to our private gallery Alteryx freezes up on me and eventually crashes.  After playing around with it for a while I discovered that if I remove the looping functionality but removing the first app from running after the second app it will allow me to upload it to the gallery with no freezing.

Is a looping app like this just not a good idea?  Am I tearing apart the fabric of reality by trying to reference back to the original analytical app?  Or is this just some kind of bug that I'm running into?

I'm on Alteryx v. 2021.2.1.35394.

1 REPLY 1
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@patrickprentice I like sci-fi movies, but sci-fi movies that mess with the space-time continuum are always a mess. If you want to run the first app after successful completion of the second app, I'd suggest duplicating the first app and naming it the third app, then chaining the second app to the newly minted third app. Otherwise, you're messing with the fabric of reality.

Labels