Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer PDF Edits

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Group, 

I have PDFs that i need to feed into Alteryx and add a logo on them. Can Alteryx designer do this? If so can you provide any direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
betodiwan
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I think you can get the answer in this link:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/pdf-input

Hope it helps

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@Cferrer6 - a couple of questions:

1. Are you using Alteryx to generate the original pdfs?
  2. Do you have a license for the Alteryx Intelligence Suite? (the tool @betodiwan linked to is part of the Intelligence Suite)
  3. How comfortable are you with Python?
    I typically use the Python tool with the PyPDF2 library to manipulate pdfs in Alteryx (merge them together, add/remove pages, etc.)
Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi Kelly, 

Thank you for your response. Please see below

1. Are you using Alteryx to generate the original pdfs? - No the PDFs are already generated from another source
  2. Do you have a license for the Alteryx Intelligence Suite? (the tool @betodiwan linked to is part of the Intelligence Suite) I dont think so, i think i only have Alteryx Designer 2020.4
  3. How comfortable are you with Python?
    I typically use the Python tool with the PyPDF2 library to manipulate pdfs in Alteryx (merge them together, add/remove pages, etc.) Never Used it, do you think Power Bi has similar functions?
Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your response. Does the PDF Input tool come in the normal designer license or is it extra?

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi Kelly @kelly_gilbert were you able to take a look at below response ?

Labels