Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer 64 does not load Teradata Drivers

NorhusainJr
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to setup an ODBC Connection using the Teradata Drivers I have installed but for some reason my Alteryx does not pick it up. Is someone familiar with this? Please refer to the screenshots below.

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Try dragging an input data tool, click set up a connection, go to Data Sources, and click ODBC under Teradata

Teradata.png

You should then see your connections available that you have set up in your ODBC admin. 

connections.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The "Manage Data Connections" window in your screenshot is for connection strings administered by Alteryx Server and other manually input connection strings rather than your ODBC connections. I believe that using the Input Data tool will get you to the right location as described in my other comment. 

NorhusainJr
6 - Meteoroid

Actually did that as well, giving me No DNSs Available

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Try the ODBC option under generic. It could be because you are on a driver version that it isn’t picking up under the Teradata connections for some reason. If you do see it available when you choose generic then I would try the driver mentioned in the Teradata help docs. 

Labels