Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Create row based on condition

AJ106
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

I have email alert workflow where i send alerts about alteryx workflows status running on server.

My Data looks like below

workflow namestart timeend timestatuserrorelapsed time
workflow_AXXXXXXXXXSuccess-XXXX
workflow_BXXXXXXXXXFailederrorr somethingXXXX

I am only taking workflows data of today and send the email alert once daily at some time in morning.

I have a list of workflows(needed for my use case)  that i filter from entire workflow logs from server.  my data set will have entries for only those workflow lets say (for example, 4 workflows)

there are few instances where i might not see entry for some workflows because they are either still running or didnt run for various reasons. but my logs will only show success or failure. if the workflow is running or didnt run i wont have entry for that workflow in the table

if for example today when the email alert is triggered i only have entry for 2 out 4 workflows(that i need) that i need and two of them are either still running or didnt run yet. I want to create a row for the two workflows and say they are in-progress/didnt run. in status column as below 

workflow_namestart timeend timestatuserror elapsed_time
workflow_AXXSuccess-X
workflow_BXXFailsome errorX
Workflow_CXXIn-progressNAX
Workflow_DXXIn_progressNAX

Please Advise 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @AJ106 

Here is how you can do it. You can have a list of all workflows and you can take outer join of the ones with error and all workflow

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628233521247.png

Hope this helps : )

AJ106
6 - Meteoroid

Perfect !

I think this should solve my problem

Appreciate your help

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @AJ106 

If my response helps please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels