Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Crashes on Browse Tool. (Urgent Help required)

joey_onverge
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Alteryx crashes on browse tool even for any dataset. First problem used to occur while you run any dataset for input tool. Then after unchecking >>User Setting>> Collect and display data profile information. then input tool started to work.

But the browse tool issue still exists and is not resolved. I think the problem is with alteryx software.

I have upgraded ram to 8GB and switched to SSD. Even after reinstalling OS and alteryx the same problem persists.

My system spec:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27 GHz.

Installed RAM: 8 GB

Thank You.

6 REPLIES 6
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@joey_onverge 

well I don't understand... don't you have an error message?

jdminton
12 - Quasar

What OS are you running? Is it 64 bit?

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

I wasn’t able to reproduce it even with the large data set. I used CSV file 1.27 GB file size | 6 535 847 rows | 22 fields

Could you please share more information about crash (screenshots, workflow, Alteryx Designer Version, etc.)?

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@joey_onverge 

Large volumes of data I usually change the odbc with this configuration

the cache you can increase if necessary

for non-MS SQLSERVER connections

geraldo_0-1687177822942.png

ocatherin
5 - Atom

Hi ! Had the same problem. After running and clicking on a tool in the flow, Alteryx just closes. Found out that unchecking the "collect and show data profile info" in the user parameters turned out to stabilize designer. Just hope this will last.

Version : Alteryx Design 2023.1.1.2

Windows 11 on parallel

Oleksii
5 - Atom

You're the best! It fixed the problem. Thank you so much

Labels