Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx App - Looping and read data one by one

hjiang1217
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, I've Q on how to make Alteryx app do "looping" job - read 1st data entry at a time, generate output just for that data entry, and then reads 2nd data entry, generate output for 2nd entry and read 3rd entry..

I know how to use App to update a data entry at a time, but ideally I'd like Alteryx to read from an input file, and say if that input file has ID 1, 2, 3 (in 1 col, 3 rows) then Alteryx can generate 3 separate outputs.

Capture.PNG

IDColorName

redapple
2yellowbanana
3greenkiwi
4redstrawberry
5purplegrape

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@hjiang1217 I think I may be able to help you out here, but the initial ask is quite confusing. After we filter for the specific ID, are we needing to assign some sort of categorical or numeric value to the field and then output the result to its own file? If so, it sounds like this is a great iterative macro use case and not necessarily one where we need an analytic app. 

hjiang1217
6 - Meteoroid

@rzdodson thank you for your reply! I guess I should be more clear, so the idea is out of entire database I have, user can input a flat file for which IDs they want to see outputs for, is that something iterative macro can do?

Capture.PNG

Thanks!

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@hjiang1217 not only is it possible, it is highly probable 😉.

See attached.

hjiang1217
6 - Meteoroid

@rzdodson thank you so much!

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@hjiang1217 should be good to go. Replaced the original yxmd from above with the packaged workflow. Hope that is the solution you're looking for. :)

Labels