Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx App Interface Tools | What is the right tool to use?

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx community friends!

I am currently trying to automate an excel form and have made success with the first half but have become stumped.

The last portion of the form I am trying to figure out requires matching and I am not sure which interface tools (if any) would work for this.

Right now, I am taking a form that a user fills out with an employee name i.e., John Smith and then next to that is a project they are assigned to i.e., project 1234.

I need to find a way to mimic this in the app format, so I need to be able to collect from a user interacting with the app both project numbers and employee names but I would like to have them linked on the backend so I can use that paired data later on in my workflow.

Any advice?

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@laurennewton 
Is this understanding correct?
User will pick a name with drop down list which is based on your input, then output this name and his conreponding project name?

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @laurennewton - It sounds like you need to build an Alteryx App. Here is a link to the training: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Creating%2... 

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu hi, yes partly correct. I will provide a list of possible projects and then I need them to specify out of that list which projects they would like and then "assign" or write in what employee name they would like associated with that project number.

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

hi @ArtApa, yes I know! I am trying to determine how to achieve my end result using the interface/app tools. Right now i have a chained app built out and the last part of it is this association piece. So i provide the users with a list of possible projects, then from that list I need them to specify which projects they want to use and then they need to provide me with a list of employee names and which projects they would like to be associated with.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@laurennewton - In other words you have many employees and each employee may be associated with one or many projects manually. Is that correct?

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

@ArtApa yes correct!

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @laurennewton - I'd suggest to use the Tree tool (please see attachment):

ArtApa_0-1676336350695.png

Labels