Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx 2024.1.1.17 : Tableau Output not working, numpy error

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello all,

I have this error message when trying to create a datasource on my Tableau

Error: Tableau Output (1): Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\saubert\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\Tableau_v1.1.0_venv\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from . import multiarray
  File "C:\Users\saubert\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\Tableau_v1.1.0_venv\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core\multiarray.py", line 12, in <module>
    from . import overrides
  File "C:\Users\saubert\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\Tableau_v1.1.0_venv\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core\overrides.py", line 7, in <module>
    from numpy.core._multiarray_umath import (
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy.core._multiarray_umath'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\saubert\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\Tableau_v1.1.0_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\connection_interface.py", line 118, in ii_update_progress
    self.notify_topic(
  File "C:\Users\saubert\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\Tableau_v1.1.0_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\core\observable_mixin.py", line 87, in notify_topic
    callback(**payload)
  File "C:\Users\saubert\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\Tableau_v1.1.0_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\connection_callback_strategy.py", line 35, in update_progress_callback
    import numpy as np
  File "C:\Users\saubert\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\Tableau_v1.1.0_venv\Lib\site-packages\numpy\__init__.py", line 140, in <module>
    from . import core
  File "C:\Users\saubert\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\Tableau_v1.1.0_venv\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 48, in <module>
    raise ImportError(msg)
ImportError: 

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE!

Importing the numpy C-extensions failed. This error can happen for
many reasons, often due to issues with your setup or how NumPy was
installed.

We have compiled some common reasons and troubleshooting tips at:

https://numpy.org/devdocs/user/troubleshooting-importerror.html

Please note and check the following:

* The Python version is: Python3.10 from "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe"
  * The NumPy version is: "1.19.1"

and make sure that they are the versions you expect.
Please carefully study the documentation linked above for further help.

Original error was: No module named 'numpy.core._multiarray_umath'

Here the workflow :
image.png

I do think it's due to the python update and will try to find how to solve it and post the solution. Any other helpful hints?

Best regards,

Simon

4 REPLIES 4
Rhys_Cooper
8 - Asteroid

Hi @simonaubert_bd. Your suspicion sounds correct: it appears the version of the numpy you have installed does not have the ".core.multiarray.umath" package included. This is likely due to it being outdated. Upgrading the numpy version is relatively simple, but I expect you to face issues do to updating it in the location the Tableau output tool is specifically looking at. This is because the sitepackages folder where numpy is stored is within the tableau directory, not the global Python directory.

Id take the path given in the error message and insert it where "path" is in into the following line and run in command prompt (admin access):

/path/ -m pip install --upgrade numpy

so it looks like

/C:/Users/saubert/AppData/Roaming/Alteryx/Tools/Tableau_v1.1.0_venv/Lib/site-packages/numpy/core -m pip install --upgrade numpy

you might have to try this without the "/C:".

Give this a shot and let me know if this fixes it! Regards - Rhys

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

image.png

Before
image.png

and after

image.png<

And now it works !

image.png

However I'm pretty surprised the former version is still there... should

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @Rhys_Cooper  Thanks for your message. In the meantime, I found another (and easier solution) to my issue : using the marketplace, download the new version of the tool.

However, I will keep your solution for my custom tools that weren't updated/available on the marketplace.

Best regards,

Simon

Rhys_Cooper
8 - Asteroid

Ahh that is a much simpler way indeed! good thinking! Glad to have helped anyhow. Might be worth marking it as solved incase others have a similar issue requiring the manual updating approach.

Labels