Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Allocating values until its full/complete

h12
8 - Asteroid

There are 50 patients and 10 appointment slots. Each slot can hold a maximum of 5 patients.

1. I would like to assignee the patients that don’t have an appoint to an appoint slot starting with appointment slot 1 and working my way down to slot 10.

E.g. If Appoint 1 has only 2 patients, I want to assignee the first 3 available patients to that slot and then move on to appoint 2.

I have tried to make an iterative flow but I couldn’t apply the logic to allow the first available patients to be assigned to the first appoint slots.

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @h12 ,

I approached this using the generate rows function to assign a slot to the person counting from 1 up and generating the number of rows according to the remaining spaces in the app slot (assuming 5).

mceleavey_0-1609325503089.png

I hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

h12
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

Also, could we get the full list of patient names OR IDs in the output, so it shows they have all been allocated to an appoint (currently shows only 28). 

Is it possible to use iterative macros to solve this?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @h12 

Use a Union tool after final Join tool and union the J output with the F output of the initial filter tool.

Dan 

h12
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

Labels