Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Aging calculation

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I want to calculate aging in days as difference between a manual date inserted by me and dates coming from excel file attached.

The logic of date retrieved by excel is the following: for each row I need to consider starting from column BO (ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY]) the first field with Submitted word inside it (for example if BO is empty I need to go to BM, if BM is empty I need to go to BK etc..) until the first column ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY] filled with Submitted word and the that the date in the left column ACTION DATE.

So AGING = CUSTOM DATE - ACTION DATE

Thanks for support

Giovanni

9 REPLIES 9
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @elfunambolo 

See if the following helps...

PhilipMannering_0-1605528184053.png

Solution Attached.

Thanks,

Philip

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for help. I integrated your blocks inside my flow but AGING field at the end are empty.

Can you support me?

Thanks

Giovanni

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @elfunambolo 

Can you please excel file associated with this workflow. Will take a look into it.

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Attached

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @elfunambolo 

There was few modifications required. Here is the modified workflow.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1605539121632.png

Please and let me know.

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Is missing this check -> I need to consider starting from column BO (ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY]) the first field with Submitted word inside it (for example if BO is empty I need to go to BM, if BM is empty I need to go to BK etc..) until the first column ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY] filled with 'Submitted' word

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Is missing this part:

"The logic of date retrieved by excel is the following: for each row I need to consider starting from column BO (ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY]) the first field with Submitted word inside it (for example if BO is empty I need to go to BM, if BM is empty I need to go to BK etc..) until the first column ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY] filled with Submitted word and the that the date in the left column ACTION DATE."

OliverW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @elfunambolo ,

feel free to check this one, I think this should do, what you are interested in, let me knof if this works. 

I could not really make out what your "Custom Date" would be, so I just put at the end for the calculation the 1st of January 2020, but I am pretty sure you understand the concept in general.

If this works, please feel free to mark it as a solution as well as give a like.

Let me know in case you need any explanation in the workflow or if everything is understandable.

Best wishes

Olli

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Hi Oliver,

I saw your design but the logic doesn't work. For example for Request# 207755409 the ACTION date should be 21/07/2020 with ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY] = Submitted (Kanisin, Devaraj[PO Adjustment (Other LE)]).

I see other two issue that before were absent: 1) some request# hasn't Action date filled and 3) some request# hasn't Aging calculation filled.

I attach my WF design and source data, I need only to add the logic that I wrote above.

Labels