Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adjust amount vertically within program

JJ523
6 - Meteoroid

Hi There, I tried all sort of methods to get solution for adjusting the negative amounts with the highest amount within the program. But couldn't be lucky to get to the solution. Could you someone help me out on this. Attached is the screenshot of Input data and output data for reference. Appreciate for your help.

e.g.: -63 amount to be adjusted with 120 within A program.

ProgramEventAmount >>> ProgramEventAmountStatus
AA1120   AA157 
AA235   AA235 
AA3-63   AA3-63Adjusted
BB178   BB178 
BB3-96   BB2-96Not Adjusted
5 REPLIES 5
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @JJ523 ,

Why 96 isn't adjusted with 78 for B program ?

JJ523
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for highlighting and sorry as I missed to mention. If absolute value of negative amount is greater than positive amount then it should not be adjusted. hope it helps

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @JJ523 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1627496349434.png

1. Using sort tool to sort by program and the by amount.

2. Using record id to set a ID for row.

3. Using summarize tool to find the lowest value (-ve) and lowest record id (first highest value).

4. Using filter to keep the min values only if its negative.

5. Using join multiple tool to do outer join on record id.

6. Using formula tool to check and flag whether it can be adjusted. If yes make the adjustment.

Hope this helps : )

JJ523
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a ton 🙂 that was pretty quick. 

I may be further complicating it. if there are more than one event with negative amount within program, then what should the approach in such case.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @JJ523 

Its your call or the business teams call to make the decision how more negative number should be handled. Once you have that decided we can help you with a logic in alteryx 🙂

Labels