Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding text using report tool

imrahu01
8 - Asteroid

I am learning how to use report tool. Attached file i found on alteryx academy. Whenever I try to do output I am getting it like this,

imrahu01_0-1612804845572.png

where it is giving me "<div class="DefaultText" style="width:100%;"><div style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12.0pt;">" these text on my output? also, instead of adding text on each line, is there anyway I can add this same note in the bottom?

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @imrahu01 

If you want the various report snippets to show up properly in your output, you need to use a Render tool(highlighted below) to write the results.  The Render tool takes the html that you show in the second column in your image and processes it to give you the final result.  See the attached workflow

danilang_0-1612810765846.png

Dan

imrahu01
8 - Asteroid

@danilang Thanks for your help. But I tried to export the report in excel and I am still getting unnecessary texts.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@imrahu01 

Did you use the Render tool to export to excel?  If you use an Output tool, you'll get the raw HTML.

Dan

imrahu01
8 - Asteroid

@danilang That worked. It's a great tool 🙂 thanks for teaching/introducing me with "render" tool 🙂

Labels