Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding current date to the file name output published on an Alteryx Server

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I would like to add the current date an app was ran on an Alteryx server to the output file name. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

Grace 

11 REPLIES 11
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gr4c3Sult 
Maybe we can use DateTimeToday function.

Capture1A.PNG

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu 

Yes, had the same thought. Do you have any ideas on how to get that in the file name for the XLXS output?

Thanks,

Grace

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gr4c3Sult 
Yes, we can do like this.

0127-Gr4c3B4ss.PNG

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu 

I published your workflow to our Alteryx Server and there was no output file.  Do you know why?

Thanks!

Grace

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gr4c3Sult 
I am not sure what do you by publishing?

To make it work on Alteryx Server, you need either blend above sample to your existing workflow,or 
If you just upload the my sample workflow onto alteryx server, you will need to some configurations such as output folder, otherwise it will not work.

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu 

Sorry I am probably not using proper terminology.  When I run the workflow on my computer it works perfectly.  However, when I publish it to my private gallery on our server it errors.  I have attached screenshots of each step and results along with the errors.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

Grace

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gr4c3Sult 

The issue is here the path you are setting is a path on the server that workflow will not be able to access. You need to use shared drive path to write the file and gallery should have access to shared drive to able to read/write the file. The workflow would be as below.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1643311616319.png

Hope this helps : )

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 

I got errors on both my computer and the gallery.  I have attached screenshots of each step, the results and errors.  Any additional help is appreciated :)

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gr4c3Sult 

This is a sharepoint i am speaking about shared drive or network drive. Which acts like a common folder among teams to save files.

Hope this is clear

Hope this helps : )

Labels