Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding Text above a table with reporting tools

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Having trouble here with reporting tools. I would like my text at the top which Later I want to add a header. the issue is #1 my table looks great but I do not want 2 groups how it is shown.#2 the text is showing up above each group. I just want it at the top. 

Jon_Taylor_0-1614956032467.png

I would like to not have the tables break apart into 4 sections.

Thanks,

Jon

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Jon_Taylor ,

For question #1, is this what you want your output to look like?

AngelosPachis_0-1614958597176.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

@Jon_Taylor  and this for Question #2?

AngelosPachis_0-1614958711213.png

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Yes Yes! , that's what i want stacked on one page, how do I achieve this

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

So the issue was in your table tools. For the first table tool, you were grouping on COB Date, which will give you a different reporting snippet based on the values on that field

AngelosPachis_0-1614959129284.png

The same goes for the other table tool, you were grouping on some fields but you should not group on anything.

Then an extra tip is that you can place the title text on top of the table without using the Layout tool. You can place it on top of an existing reporting snippet as shown below

AngelosPachis_1-1614959260262.png

Let me know if that worked for you or you have any questions.

Cheers,

Angelos

If you ungroup, then you will get the table in the format you like.

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Awesome, I thought it was the grouping configuration and should have tried it with no selections. *There should add a no groups audio button as it was somewhat unclear you could run with no selections. 

your suggestions solved my issues, Thanks

Labels