Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding Interactive Chart in Excel

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I'm starting to understand how to build workflows and want to now incorporate tables/charts into my excel output.

I am wanting to output raw data and add a separate tab with a chart (preferably pivot table).  I think I should use the Interactive Chart tool but am encountering 2 different problems:

• It no longer exports raw data, just code.
  • I'm not seeing any actual tables/charts (just code)

skeen503979_1-1581526374388.pngskeen503979_2-1581526487969.png

skeen503979_0-1581526306064.png

3 REPLIES 3
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In order to write anything from the Reporting Tool palette to an Excel file, you have to use the Render tool. This will generate a new file or overwrite an existing file. You can either write the data to the same file with a table tool and then use a layout tool to write both to the same excel file, or, you can use a block until done tool to make sure the Excel file is created by the Render tool first and then use the output data tool to write the data sheet to the same file.

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for explaining.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's an example of how to use both an render tool and output data tool in the same workflow

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Using-Render-and-output-file-tool-to-s...

Labels