Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add datestamp to file name not working

TeamTJ
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that writes out 3 tabs of data to an Excel file from 3 branches, each using a Block Until Done and each tab is named according to its purpose.

I'm needing to have the file containing those 3 tabs date stamped but nothing I'm trying is working.  Sometimes that stamp is in the data, sometimes it's the name of the tabs, never once has it been in the file name. :-)

Any pointers?

6 REPLIES 6
TeamTJ
8 - Asteroid

I tried that one first and just tried it again.  When your output file is .csv, it works great. When your file is .xlsx  it includes the date/timestamp in the TAB name.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @TeamTJ 

Got it. Good to know you searched the post. Your answer might be somewhere below in the search.

I will provide you with the approach. Here is the configuration you need to use.

atcodedog05_0-1660245377710.png

Hope this helps : )

TeamTJ
8 - Asteroid

When I ran your example, it simply changed the tab name, not the file name.

I WAS able to get it to work by creating a field called FileName and setting it to "C:\Temp\" + DateTimeFormat(datetimetoday(),"%Y%m%d-") + RestOfFileName.xlsx" and then in the output using the Change Entire File Path option and selecting FileName.

Unfortunately I had to do this for all 3 branches...fortunately I only have 3 tabs of data and not 10...or 20...or....  :-)

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @TeamTJ 

Sorry, my bad I should have checked the output before posting. Apologies.

Yes, what you have done is the right method. Kudos to you 😀. You can mark your post as a solution so that people know it's the right method to follow.

Cheers and have a nice day!

TeamTJ
8 - Asteroid

No apologies necessary.  All part of my learning experience and I appreciate the help.

Labels