Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add current date to Report Text?

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

HI,

I am wondering if there is a way to add the current date to the report text?  I am trying to render 3 reports to 1 Excel file in 3 tabs, but I would like each to have a header with my wording and the current date.  I have everything working, except for the date. 

I saw another message that stated that you can add to the Report Text from available fields and if the Date is in an available field, then I can use it in the Report Text.  I did use the formula tool to add the DateTimeNow as a new field in my data, but it is not populating as an available field in the Report Text tool.

Any thoughts on how to get this to work?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @J-Riedel ,

I think you on the right tract with regards to getting the date.

Please find attached a sample workflow that can give you an idea about how to do this.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the response.  This does work for me as I am trying to add a header to a table using the Report Text tool so that I can render the reports to multiple tabs in an Excel file.  I have added the field to my data, similar to you, but it does not show through in my table as an available field.  I feel like I don't have some setting correct.  Why would it not show as an available field in the Report Text Tool

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@J-Riedel  can you please share a sample data file being used within your workflow. I am sure it must be a setting you need to change/enable.

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

My sample is attached to the first message that I posted in this string.

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @J-Riedel ,

Please find attached the workflow. When you are passing data into the Table tool, groupby the datetimenow.

This in turn would result in both the table column and the datetimenow column to be outputted. I have made those changes within the MTD AVERAGE STOCK PRICES line of data.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Wonderful, this works like a charm.  Thank you very much.  I figured is was a small tweak that I needed, but just wasn't sure what.  I appreciate the help.

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Additional question....after doing this, is there a way to NOT have the DateTimeNow column show in the final reports?

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @J-Riedel ,

You can do that by simply deselecting the column using a select tool, just before you setup the layout.

Please find attached a sample workflow.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

Labels