Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add Reference Table to Workflow

jmmart08
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

I have created a workflow that I use to basically reconcile information from 2 different sources by using the join tool.  How I built this is used the formula tool to "match" the differences in the original files.  For example, I wrote a bunch of IF THEN ELSE statements such as If Account Number = "07005" THEN "7005" as this refers to the same account but 1 of the input sources adds a zero.  It works but if there is more data added I have to go into the actual workflow and update. 

My question is I want to create an excel reference sheet to incorporate this that way the user can update the sheet and I don't have to keep updating the actual workflow.  Basically just referencing the sheet using Vlookups.  I have my inputs but wasn't sure how to incorporate this into my flow.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
seven
12 - Quasar

Hi @jmmart08 

Use that reference table as a join on your dataset before you join to the other one. It's just a series of vlookups that you're doing using joins in Alteryx.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I might suggest saving this process as a macro. Then you can insert that macro into any Alteryx workflow that needs the reference and whenever you need to make any updates, the one macro is all you have to change. 

Labels