Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add Blank rows in a specific part of data.

calvincarr29
8 - Asteroid

I need to add three blank rows that go through 53 columns in a specific section of the data. Is this possible without the text input?  

I need to turn this:

alteryx post.PNG

Into this:

Capture1.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @calvincarr29 ,

You can use a combination of a Formula to create a flag, Generate row to create the rows and a Multi-field formula to erase the data from all the new rows.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

calvincarr29
8 - Asteroid

Hey @fmvizcaino,

Thank you for the solution. Would you be able to provide an example? I'm still relatively new to Alteryx. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@calvincarr29 
Just want to confirm are you inserting new rows or change the duplicate columns into blank?

What will be cretiria?

I can see in the "Beginning lnventory" column, the "Machinery & Equipment", "Furniture & Fixtures", "Buildings"  columns became empty in the output.
How about the "Inventory" why it is remaning?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sure @calvincarr29 ;

Here it is.

calvincarr29
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu

The data shown is "Beginning" -- Inventory, Machinery & Equipment, Furniture & Fixtures, etc. on top of "Ending" -- Inventory, Machinery & Equipment, Furniture & Fixtures, etc. (The Ending Header didn't appear when I joined them with the union tool)

They are not duplicates

I simply need to add three blank rows exactly so I can use the output tool to spit it onto a template within a designated cell range in excel. 

calvincarr29
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino

Thank you, that worked...however "Beginning Inventory" is String data so "Other2" duplicates didn't Null. Any other suggestions? 

Capture2.PNG

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You need to include all fields in the multi-field formula tool. Select all types of fields and 'all'

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

calvincarr29
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much. You've been a big help. 

Labels