Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Action Tool Not Updating Render Tool Location

abhishekbajpai
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

I have created one workflow. In this workflow output file is created using Render tool. I need to make output location dynamic. Action tool is attached to render, but it is not updating file location. I am getting output at specified location of render tool configuration. I am not sure what wrong I am doing. Could any one please help me. I have wasted my whole day in trying to debugging it. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Abhishek

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I debugged your app and it worked as expected for me, updating the path of your render tool. Are you opening the app in Debug mode (Interface Designer --> Test View --> insert file values --> Open Debug)? Just hitting the run button will not reflect interface values being inserted since there's no opportunity to select the values you want.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

run apps with the wand - not the run button.

abhishekbajpai
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your input. I am wondering how it is working in your system and not in mine. Secondly when I am creating a new workflow exactly similar, this is working. Wanted to let you know I am updating workflow created by someone else.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Make sure you are running it as an app with the wand, not a workflow with the Run button. You can see the inserting behavior also by using the debug feature mentioned above. 

abhishekbajpai
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Thank you so much for your Input. I was able to figure out. I just removed use AMP engine checkbox in workflow and I started working fine as expected. I am not sure how does it matter. As i have a solution now, so I am good. But if by any chance you have any idea how it started working by removing that checkbox, please explain me, it will be of great help. It would be a new learning for me.

Labels