Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Access Error to Amazon S3

Yuta
6 - Meteoroid

I would like to connect to Amazon S3 by using input tool.
However, a "Access Denied" message is displayed in the section to set the information about S3 bucket name.

When I conducted a command below in AWS CLI by using same S3 information such as Access Key, Secret Key, etc., there was no error message.

aws s3 ls <bucket name>

I set proxy information before conducting above command.

$env:https_proxy=<proxy information>

There was a SSL certification error, when I conducted the command without proxy setting.

So, I think the proxy settings is also required in Alteryx.

Could you explain how to set the proxy information?

5 REPLIES 5
Amy_smart
11 - Bolide

Hi Yuta,

Your issue may be that your file names have whitespaces or colons.

Thanks,

Amy

Yuta
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your response.

I check it, but whitespaces or colons are not included.

Thanks,

Yuta

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I don't use the S3 tool - if you do not see a Proxy option on it - I'd recommend scripting what you are trying to do - and do it via AWS CLI since clearly it's working.

Yuta
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your reply.

I need to use Alteryx to extract some data from a database for one reason and I also would like to use a same application to do the process of data extraction and data exporting. So, I would like to use Alteryx to export data to S3 by not using AWS CLI.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I would do everything in workflow - but use an output data/run command to write and trigger the AWS CLI to move the files to S3. So processing would still occur in Alteryx but it would branch off at the end to pick up the file/write a .bat file and execute the .bat flie.

Labels