Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

API for BLS Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates

RUSA
7 - Meteor

I have been looking at the BLS series IDs for Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates, and while I can identify the series iDs I want I cannot figure out how to pull them with Alteryx. My guess is that I need a URL?

Has anyone successfully pulled this data?

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RUSA 

An API isn't necessary since the Alteryx Download tool can download the text from these BLS publications::

https://download.bls.gov/pub/time.series/ce/ 

Using these URLs, you can use the Download tool to grab the text and parse the data as necessary. Check out the attached example where I download and parse the series lookup table. 

RUSA
7 - Meteor

Thank you, Charlie. That is very helpful!

Regressionman
5 - Atom

Hi Charlie,

I'm new to Alteryx and am looking to download a specific series from BLS (LNS14000000).  I ran your sample workflow and saved the output to a db table.  Works great!  However, I'm not understanding how to use Alteryx to download a series (versus a series listing).

What am I not understanding?

Thanks,

Gary

severhart
8 - Asteroid

Just me jumping in over 2 years later to say THANK YOU Charlie - this has helped enable me to download the data from JOLTS for BLS data reporting. So thankful!

Labels