Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

AMP Engine Not Summarizing Values

Michael_Smith_SC
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Curious if anyone else is experiencing issues where the amp engine does not summarize values. I've getting duplicate records on subsequent joins. Images below show first without amp, followed by the amp engine (note the record count). Amp appears to be grouping by on the values at some higher level of our product hierarchy, but not the lowest level of the summarize tool. 

Michael_Smith_SC_0-1666972235351.png

Michael_Smith_SC_1-1666972259839.png

6 REPLIES 6
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Michael_Smith_SC 

Could you please specify what version you are seeing this on? 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Michael_Smith_SC
6 - Meteoroid

Version: 2022.1.1.30961

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Summarize was partially enabled with AMP, but with the upcoming 2022.3 Release we have added full support for all Summarize Actions with AMP (other than Behavior Analysis which is being deprecated). 

It would help to see a screen shot of your Summarize configuration pane if possible. 

It might help your scenario to use the "Engine Compatibility Mode" to maintain the same record sorting method used in the original Engine. That could address an differences that could be caused by a different record order. 

Those Actions that are not supported in previous releases should fall back to the original Engine as needed. 

Our current AMP documentation lists the Actions that were not yet supported by AMP: https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/tool-use-amp 

TonyaS_0-1666985291940.png

Tonya Smith
Michael_Smith_SC
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply Tonya but I'm still confused. I've included a screenshot below. I've filtered to one item in particular to showcase my issue. This item had 8 sizes, each with a corresponding inventory value. The expectation of the summarize tool would be to group at that item level and to aggregate the inventory values into 1 record. It's doing this for 4 of the 8 sizes but the other 3 it seems to be just removing size field and relaying the original inventory value, leaving 4 records post summarize. 

Michael_Smith_SC_0-1666986045435.png

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you able to try it with "Engine Compatibility Mode" on? 

TonyaS_0-1666987319019.png

Tonya Smith
Michael_Smith_SC
6 - Meteoroid

Compatibility Mode makes the tool behave as intended.

We read through the documentation and were okay with the sorting and ordering behavior of the AMP engine but I think we'll wait on future updates before using it any further. Its too unpredictable as is.  

Appreciate your help.

Michael

Labels