Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ADL loader installation: not available in the palette

alijarte
6 - Meteoroid

Dear all,

I have downloaded the XYI file from the community which delivers the ADL File Input/Output Tool (https://help.alteryx.com/2018.2/ADLInput.htm)

After going through all the difficulties of the installation and Python error messages, the installation seems to be successful but I cannot find the expected tools anywhere in the tool palette.

I have restarted Alteryx designer in case it would make a difference, but it doesnt.

Any hint is welcome.

Thanks,
Carlos

5 REPLIES 5
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @alijarte ,

Have you ensured the tool category and tool are selected under Configure Tool Palette?

s8x42zwu0w

-----

If I've answered your question please consider marking this solution as accepted. Thank you!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @alijarte 

In order to get the .xyi to install correctly, I had to launch Designer as Admin and then run the .xyi from the File->Open Workflow menu.  Once I did that, I restarted Alteryx as a regular user and the ADL tools are in the Connector tab of the tool palette

Dan

alijarte
6 - Meteoroid
I guess you are referring to this one? These are all the tools I see in the "Connectors"

[cid:image001.jpg@01D4F137.2E307550]
alijarte
6 - Meteoroid
Thanks a million.

It truly looks like a good solution (missing admin rights is really a handicap) , however, it doesn’t seem to work for me.
My connectors section still shows no trace of the ADL tools (even after reviewing the palette configuration)

I keep trying but if any other idea pops-up, please remember this post 😊

Thanks,
Ch.
alijarte
6 - Meteoroid

Finally, I was guided to this article : https://help.alteryx.com/server/current/admin/Installation/InstallToolPackages.htm?TocPath=Install%7...

And I manually created the folders, relaunch the installation and upon restart of Designer, the tools showed up.

Thanks to all for the help!

Ch

Labels