Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AB Trend Problems

Lance_In_My_Pants
6 - Meteoroid

Good afternoon,

I have found a few topics on my issue and believe I have checked the most common issues, but I am still getting various errors.

Methodology

• Marketing Test began on 03/04/2016 - Multiple Items but really only interested in the impact to Item 4
  • Duration 6 Weeks
  • Data set contains 104 weeks (Study Field = Yes -- When I limit it to 58 weeks to represent 1 Year plus 6 weeks prior to Test I get Range of dates not consistent error)
  • I was aggregating the POS Qty Field to act for a Volume metric to use in the AB trend tool

Please note the data set already has a predetermined test and control field but I wanted to go through the entire process of using the AB trend and AB control tools. When I use all the weeks of data, I only get the following error  AB Trend (33) Tool #225: Error in svd(x, nu = 0) : a dimension is zero

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lance_In_My_Pants, any chance you could post your Input data?  There's not much we can test without it :)  If you're not comfortable posting, you can send it to support@alteryx.com

Thanks!

Lance_In_My_Pants
6 - Meteoroid

Mistake on my part @CristonS, I have added it to my original post

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lance_In_My_Pants,

It appears that you have a number of stores with a lot of zero values.  In particular, stores 3122, 3600 and 4070 were entirely zero - that's where the "divide by zero" errors came from (you can use the "Show All Macro Messages" option in the Workflow – Configuration > Runtime tab to see these additional messages).

divide by zero.jpg

Removing those 3 stores allowed the workflow to run, but you'll see some stores for which the Trend is missing in the results - those stores had high numbers of zeros, as well.

results.jpg

Please let me know how it goes, thanks!

Labels