Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

2023.2 Errors from comments at beginning of SQL queries

pbibler
6 - Meteoroid

We are getting errors like "Error - ToolId 46: Error opening "SELECT * FROM --EPIC ACE PLACEMENT DETAIL" when running queries that have a comment before a Select statement.  These ran fine under 2023.1.  Anyone seeing these?

Picture1.png

7 REPLIES 7
Raj
14 - Magnetar

Temporarily removing the comment before the SELECT statement could serve as a quick workaround to check if the query executes without errors. Though it might not be the most convenient solution, it could provide immediate relief until a more permanent resolution is implemented.

pbibler
6 - Meteoroid

It does work when the comment is removed, but we're not looking forward to going through a lot of workflows.  Thanks!

Raj
14 - Magnetar

@pbibler please mark it done if your problem is solved.
or you can add if you are looking for anything else.

pbibler
6 - Meteoroid

I was hoping to understand if anyone had seen this and had a solution other than modifying every query like this.

pbibler
6 - Meteoroid

Looks like this is part of the patch coming out in March

DataZeta
5 - Atom

I'm also experiencing this after an upgrade to 2023.2 today. Do we know if there will definitely be a patch coming soon? I may roll back to 2023.1 and wait until the patched version is released rather than trawl through all of my workflows to "fix" the problem.  

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Downgrade. It's the easiest way to fix this.

Labels