Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

2 emails tool

serclau0623
5 - Atom

Hello, 

I have a workflow with 2 emails tool that once they are running independently works fine and I receive 2 emails however once I run them together for some reason only receive one of them, any advise please?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
WesCannon
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @serclau0623 

I have a few suggestions you can leverage to get this working:

1. My first suggestion would be to re-configure the workflow so the 'Block Until Done Tool' & 'Email Tool' can be used as shown below. I was able to successfully send both emails using this approach. 

WesCannon_0-1675351630512.png

2. Troubleshoot your current 'Block Until Done' Tools as outlined below and in more detail here 

Troubleshoot Data Stream Sequence

When 2 or more Block Until Done tools are on the canvas, Designer must evaluate which related data stream to run.

• Designer 1st determines the order in which each tool was added to the workflow using the tool's Tool ID.
  • Designer then runs the data stream that contains the tool that was added 1st (lowest Tool ID.)

If data streams don't run in the expected order, check the Tool ID of the tools upstream from the Block Until Done tools. To check tool ID...

1. Select the tool.
  2. In the Configuration window, access the Annotation tab.
  3. Use ID to see what number is assigned to the tool. This number indicates the order in which the tool was added to the workflow.

3. Use one 'Email Tool' and union all records together before emailing. Then utilize the 'Use Fields' function.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Wes

serclau0623
5 - Atom

Thank you so much! 

I eliminated 1 of the block until done and 1 of the email tool, that way generate only 1 email (Debits & Credits) and it is working fine but unfortunately I got this new filename  error message

serclau0623_0-1675364872909.png

serclau0623_1-1675364878038.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @serclau0623 

When you provide .xlsx filepaths to the email tool, they must go just until .xlsx. You are providing .xlsx|||Sheet1. Remove the |||Sheet1 from it to feed the email tool and it should work.

WesCannon
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @serclau0623 ,

Please remove the sheet names as Felipe mentioned. Here is another discussion on the topic for further details.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Can-not-get-the-E-mail-tool-to-recongn...

Thanks,

Wes

serclau0623
5 - Atom

Thank you both, I removed the Sheet name and got the same error message.

serclau0623_0-1675431980317.png

WesCannon
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @serclau0623,

Are you attempting to write the file via the 'Output Tool' prior to sending the email? Using a 'Block Until Done Tool' could be useful here to first write the file then send the email.

Labels