Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
GELÖST

Differences between Alteryx Designer Desktop and Alteryx Designer Cloud?

Hi All,

Is there a lot of difference between Alteryx Designer Desktop and Alteryx Designer Cloud?

I do not have Machine Learning License on my desktop version yet. Does Auto Insights/Machine Learning come default with Alteryx Designer Cloud?

Please let me know the main Pros/Cons.

Our data is not on cloud, its on traditional DBs

Thanks,

Anudeep

3 ANTWORTEN 3
apathetichell
Pollux

1) Yes.

2) No.

3) Designer Cloud is internal to a cloud hyperscaler and offers better integration to a holistic cloud environment. 

4) When you say traditional DBs you mean like on-prem? like a server you own? I do not believe you will see any speed advantages with Designer Cloud. Pending your use-cases I would stick with Designer.

Thanks for responses. 

When you answer Yes for 1, what are the main differences?

I meant we are not connected to any Outside Cloud databases like Snowflake or Alteryx Sever. We work on Oracle Servers. 

Regards

apathetichell
Pollux

I'd recommend playing around with Designer Cloud on a trial license. Then you can play around. I'm not sure what you mean by the main differences. Different tools - one is serverless. One operates on loading things into ram. One supports JDBC and ODBC - the other only ODBC...

Oracle Servers can be hosted on-prem, on OCI, on AWS/GCP/Azure (via bare metal instance).... If you are running Redshift or BigQuery - that would point to what cloud environment is native for your company. If you are not using a Cloud hyperscaler at all - that would be odd.