The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Connect for Data Science Project Management #datahive

@OndrejCsummarizes connect as "a state-of-the-art Data Catalog with a social twist".  

I define it in a broader fashion as data analytics social network, a collective intelligence or #datahive...

I would propose adding Analytics projects and related documents and the relevant relationship data;

• Project charter,
  • Solution approach document,
  • Data dictionary,
  • Project timeline (a gantt chart etc.)
  • Roles & responsibilities

into the picture so that any team can track their Data Science project progress there...

Here is a nice process flow view of a DS process

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/team-data-science-process/overview

MSTDSPtasks.png

A Microsoft Project view of the Analytics projects at hand...

ms-project-templates

3 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There is a lot of merit in what you're suggesting @Atabarezz - I may not have started with the charter & project schedule - but between Connect & Promote there's a need to be able to make development of assets into a team sport.

• I agree on the idea of adding core documents to the project
  • Would also be good to have a proper check-in/check out type control so that multiple developers can work on the same projet

Microsoft does this well for developers in visual studio - and many different Data Science tools are starting to look at how to make the DS Project flow into more of a collaborative team event rather than just a single person task 

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Thanks Sean for great feedback. Looking forward for friends to upvote...

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted