The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

User Group Badges & Some Revamps

Hi all! 

Just had a fun thought over Christmas and didn't find the time to post it. But the general idea is to increase participation in User Groups, and to have more unique flairs to it. 

First

I think being part of a UG is pretty cool - but having badges that are designed to the UG location would add more flair to it and encourage people to explore UGs too. Tableau does this in a pretty cool way, an example is how they design base on location like for Singapore:

image.png

Joining badges helps users to know about UGs and contribute within. Having more activities is fun!

Second

Have UG badges that indicate contributions within as well. For example, being a proactive member by hosting several UGs or events should warrant some form of badge / honor as well. 

I think small pockets can hang out on their own online and have sessions that can help one another. One problem is that UGs are usually dependent on UG Leaders organizing, but if individual users can setup sessions and share their sessions would be good and should be counted too. This helps current UG Leaders find talent and also to plan for succession should a UG Leader wish to step down. 

Third

Having more support from AYX on these programs. I know hosting events and catering is expensive in general. Support from Alteryx in the form of USD 150 per UG setup is already pretty neat. It would be great if we can have more support - some arrangement can be made I'm sure. 

That's all I have for now! Will comment to add more.

3 Comments
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@FláviaB what do you think? I am gathering more support from the UG side as well! Hoping to make UGs more ingrained and attached! :D 

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi, @caltang! Thank you so much for sharing all these amazing ideas! 

The good news is, that we are already working on the development and implementation of User Group Leaders badges. This initiative is to show our appreciation for these volunteer leaders and all their support to the User Group Program. We can think about extending the badges to each active local user group and granting them to all the Group members. 😀

For the other ideas, we can take offline and brainstorm some opportunities. 

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Awesome @FláviaB !! Thanks for your steadfast support.