The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Keep Users who are Already on the Current Post at the top of Search Results When Tagging

It is nice how typing the @ symbol brings up a list of users already on a post that you're replying to. This makes tagging people quick and easy. 

Sometimes the list of users that have replied to a post is greater than the subset sample shown in this dropdown, however. In this case, you can start typing and the results do update, but it seems to return the best match from the Community at large. If I want to tag someone from this particular post I'm replying to, I often have to type out nearly the whole name before it is able to narrow down the search results to the user I want. I would love to be able to start typing just the first two characters of a username and have the list update while prioritizing the users relevant to the post

Just typing @:

Kenda_0-1649191211225.png

After typing pa:

Kenda_1-1649191240031.png

How many letters I had to type out before finally getting the result for the user who actually made the post I'm replying to:

Kenda_2-1649191426257.png

1 Comment
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Partner Dependent

This is a great idea!  Moving it to "Partner Dependent" for the time being - this is a platform behavior from our back end vendor so we'll need to explore with them before taking any action.