The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Collecting Alteryx Community (Self) Data

I've posted here on the General sub: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/General-Discussions/Collect-Team-Alteryx-Data-for-Internal-KPIs/td-...

First off, I would like to thank @simonaubert_bd for his fantastic workflow. He has put together a workflow that scrapes through the Alteryx community profile to gather all the badges one has acquired. 

I've added on to his version by picking out the User ID and User Rank as well for a full view. 

It would be great if this could be packaged into the Alteryx workflow as part of the Alteryx Designer app so that users everywhere can benefit from this. 

The benefits are most profound when you want:

1. A way to measure your team's Alteryx progress via the Community
  2. Marking it as part of a KPI as part of performance reviews or to serve as justification to maintain license

Of course, there are many more reasons and I am sure that the community will improve on the workflow further to include other items as well. 

A time-series component of when the badges were earned or even user activeness in postings, comments, likes, etc. can also be measured. 

There's a thousand ways to take this, and I think it is worth sharing with the community as an idea!

Thanks all!

-Cal

7 Comments
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ArnaldoSandoval added his flair & made a wonderful addition to the workflow! Attached for reference. :) 

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Thank @caltang 

The @caltang's question: "Collect Team Alteryx Data for Internal KPIs" grew into a full featured workflow named: "Get_User_Badges_and_Dates-v02"

Get_User_Badges_and_Date-v02 features:

• It handles a list of user names; from 1 user to as many as you need. There is not need to enter our Alteryx's User ID, the workflow sort that out.
  • It outputs the Username, User ID, User Rank, Badge Name, Alt Badge Name, and Badge Date (Badge Date is the date when you received the badge).
  • Badge Name and Alt Badge Name always show the same value, but we don't know when Alteryx could extend these fields.
  • The Badge Date is the date when you got awarded the badge, this field seem to be in UTC date format because I earned the "General Knowledge Certified" badge on the 2023-04-14 Sydney Time, while the page's HTML appear as 2023-04-13.
  • Not all the Badges include the date when we earned it, some of them include the day of the week when we earned it, without the calendar day. This field appears as null in the output.
  • The workflow implements the macro "find username"; it resolves the User ID from the Username, saving us the task of finding the User ID required to collect the information shown in the result.
  • The second Results Table feature the User ID, Username, Date Registered, Total Messages Posted and Total Likes Received as they appear in our user profile at the moment we run the workflow.
  • It was not possible to include any value from the "User Private Statistics" because the Alteryx's Download tool does not return those values.

Regards,

Arnaldo

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ArnaldoSandoval done! Thanks for the write-up as well. Strange how we can't attach workflows to Idea comments lol.

Status changed to: Not Planned

While your hunger for data is commendable, this workflow is not supported through the Alteryx Community Team as it has a negative impact on Community resources due to the usage of APIs that are not meant to be public-facing. This data is also associated with other users, so there is a risk of violating compliance policy. We do plan to make further personalization efforts in the future. Please contact them personally if you want information on your team's progress.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @AlteryxIdeasTeam 

As discussed with @AlteryxMatt ,  I suggest two things that you can provide to avoid the drawbacks :
1/a rest API, it would be perfect..
2/in the meantime, a simplified version of user pages, in pure text, no images, no api, just pure text with the information needed. It will be faster and lighter to load, with almost no impact on machines. This is easy to set up I think.

But yes, the workflow I shared wasn't meant to be intensively used, just like every time one does web scrapping. And you're not supposed to check your team progress every hour ;)

Best regards,

Simon

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@gawa あなたの仕事についてアイデアを提供してくれてありがとう。私も似たようなことをやったことがありますが、ウィークリー・チャレンジやそれを視覚化するダッシュボードを含めるほどではありませんでした。あなたの仕事をPDFでシェアしてくれたことへの感謝とともに、ここでの私の貢献があなたの助けになることを願っています!