Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

UGLs (10).png

Today’s user group leader spotlight is @afv2688. Keep reading to learn more about Alejandro and his experience with user groups!

Tell us a bit about your professional background.

I started my career as a patent technician, but soon I noticed that it was not for me. I made a career change into data analytics, getting my master's degree in big data. Started then at a small company as a data analyst and, with time, developed my skills in the data world as well as the dashboards environment. My main goal is to help people and companies get the most value out of their data, helping them to have a more data-centric or data-driven company. Anything that has to do with data, you can count me in!

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know?

I’m big and told by my colleagues that given my size and my usual expression, I tend to look unapproachable but would not even harm an ant. I also have my dog, which I love to walk with around in the park.

MeganDibble_0-1671818237376.png

What is your favorite Alteryx feature? 

Probably the possibility to integrate Alteryx with almost anything in an easy way. I have been until now able to implement either directly or indirectly some kind of workaround solution with Alteryx for clients.

Why did you become a user group leader (UGL)? 

I wanted to share how great Alteryx is! Everyone should be able to manipulate and play with data in an easy and understandable way. Being a UG leader also means that people rely more on you to help them with the issues they face on a day to day basis, in many cases giving me the opportunity to face new challenges that I have never faced before.

What is the easiest and the hardest part of being a UGL? 

Maybe nothing is really easy, but rather the satisfaction you get afterward is great! The most complicated part would be for sure to get high attendance in these groups. It is hard to show everyone the importance and benefits of participating with us, but we will always try our best!

What was your best experience during a UG Meeting (professional networking, personal development, career evolution, etc…)? 

I would say the networking and always getting the opportunity to share with the community all the tips and tricks. Alteryx is an always evolving tool, and to be able to share with everyone all the different updates is always great.

Do you prefer Virtual UGs or in-person UGs? And why?

In-person—nothing beats a good handshake.

If you were an Alteryx Tool, which one would you be?

There are many different possibilities, and to be honest, it is not an easy decision, but I would probably go for the Formula tool. It’s adaptive and has resources for almost any operation.

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
HATEM_ALOUI
5 - Atom

You rock 👏 @afv2688 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Good to know more about you. @afv2688