Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The Alteryx Community is celebrating its 6th birthday today, and have we got some great updates to share with all of you. This blog will cover some of the things we've accomplished in the past year and milestones we've reached in a celebration of the community and those that make it so special. But before we get into all of that, I'd like to share what the Alteryx Community has been to me personally.

Community_Infographic_6year_600x1200px10241024_1.pngI've been working on the community team at Alteryx for nearly a year and a half now, and I can't believe how lucky I feel to be a part of this team.  You may not realize this, but we're incredibly lucky to have a robust team of folks behind the scenes here that make the community work.  A lot of organizations make community an afterthought, or have one person frantically trying to do it all at once - that isn't the case here.  One of the reasons that the Alteryx Community can be so comprehensive is that we all are able to work together to make it successful (not to mention our absolutely wonderful community members - without you we wouldn't be here at all!).

Throughout the fifth year of the Alteryx Community, we've had a lot of great things happen. We are now over 250 thousand strong in our membership, with nearly 80 thousand new members joining in the past year! There were over 500 blogs published across the community, nearly 100 user group meetings, and 40+ podcast episodes put out into the world. And you all love to talk - there were over 100 thousand discussion posts in total - that's a lot of questions and answers! And you folks love to get involved beyond just discussing questions, with almost 100 user group meetings, over 400 ideas submitted, and over 12 thousand of you passing certification exams!

This past year has been a difficult one for many, and the community has been able to continue thriving through all of it. This is in large part because of all of your contributions - all of the conversations, blogs written and posted, user group meetings attended, ideas submitted, and exams passed. These are the activities that make up the community, but it's you as individuals that really give the community soul.  So a big THANK YOU to everyone that logs in and uses the community, we couldn't do it without all of you!

And finally, I'd like to give a HUGE shout out to our top 10 contributors of the community for year 6 (alphabetically because this isn't a competition 😉

TopContributor_6Year_Badge.png

@AngelosPachis@apathetichell | @atcodedog05 | @danilang@Emil_Kos | @Jean-Balteryx@Luke_C@MarqueeCrew | @mceleavey | @Qiu 

Congratulations to ALL of you, and let's all raise a glass to one more year in the snazziest community I can think of!  Share your favorite community memories in the comments below - I know you've got some great ones!

Will Machin
Community Manager

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Comments