Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hey Maveryx Community! We hope you had a great October and November. Let’s go through some of the top hits on Community these past two months!

Source: GIPHY

Need to Know

We’ve been working hard to optimize one of our favorite Community features – Dark Mode! This includes updating UX to be more accessible and aesthetically pleasing, as well as fixing pesky bugs. Here are some other notable updates:

• Finding newly added areas in the Community just got a lot easier because of a fancy “new” icon that was added to the main navigation.

MeganDibble_1-1701728821022.png

• The User Group event calendar has been updated to show all events (past and upcoming) by default so users get a fuller picture of all the fun happenings in the Community.
  • On that same note, hybrid events are now supported on User Group calendars, meaning that attendees can now register to attend in-person or virtually.
  • A bug was fixed that was causing course progress tracking issues in the Interactive Lessons.

Community News

On November 1st, @pmaier1971 and @Lachlan_Nichols hosted an Alteryx Platform Governance Q&A session. To read a recap of key questions and answers, head over to this blog. To see upcoming events, including User Group meetings, check out our Community events calendar.  

As of mid-November, we have a new Launch Pad lesson available for Designer Cloud, Trifacta Classic! Start your learning journey here.

Community Programs

In October, we had a Halloween festival across the Community and Mission control. Thanks for joining in the fun! We hope you enjoy your shiny new badge! 👻

At the very end of November, we kicked off the Advent of Code competition in the Community. It’s not too late to jump in! Check out this article for more information on how you can participate this year.

Read and Listen

In case you missed it, there were some exciting product announcements these past few months on the blog. @illialeshchenko introduced us to the Designer Desktop integration to Alteryx Platform Plans, opening up a new option for workflow orchestration. We also had great blog articles about how the Alteryx platform integrates with other technologies, including Databricks, Azure, Presto, and Looker Studio.

November was a fun month for the Alter Everything Podcast because we got our Spotify Wrapped! We are excited to see the podcast continue to grow this year, and we are thankful for our loyal listeners. 😊

2023Wrapped_square.png

If you’re looking for an episode to listen to, we recommend 146: How to drive AI adoption in your organization, guest hosted by @heatherferguson. Our guest, Mara Cairo, shared invaluable insights about AI adoption, driving change, and overcoming obstacles from her experience at the Alberta Machine Learning Institute.

Closing Thoughts

Community is our jam, and we loved seeing you engage in discussions, with content, and in competitions across the site these past few months.

For those of you working through the 25 days of Advent of Code, best of luck!

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.