Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

It’s summer, and we are back with a Community highlights blog! Read on to learn about new Community features, program updates, and the top content from the month of June.

Source: GIPHY

Need to Know

Did you know that you can now sign up to be a part of a Maveryx Community Focus Group? You can sign up here to view new features early and provide feedback.

The Community Team kicked off the summer with fixing minor bugs and a security update – woohoo!

• We updated our Content Protection Policy to add an additional layer of protection from cross-site scripting

• We fixed a bug that was hiding the events status filter

• We fixed a bug that was causing the Table of Contents feature within articles to be off-set

• The download counter in Gallery was broken – it's fixed now, hooray!

• A bug that was impacting the Designer Core Micro Certifications has been fixed

• Add This, a third-party tool used to share content on external sites, has been removed from Community

• A bug that was cutting off the text in language toggle on mobile has been fixed

• The “Share Via Email” button in Gallery has been fixed

Community News

In case you’ve missed some Community happenings this summer, let’s review the latest news.

Academy

If you’ve completed 350 weekly challenges, then you have summited Mount Everest. So, what’s next? Last month, our weekly challenge team announced that your next climb will be to the top of Uhuru Peak—Mt. Kilimanjaro's summit. You can start the climb by completing your 375th challenge!

MeganDibble_2-1688685205866.png

Alteryx for Good

The new Alteryx For Good (AFG) page is live on the Community! You can use your skills to partner with nonprofits, join Alteryx at volunteer events, learn more about our Environmental, Social, and Governance efforts, and more by joining the group here.

User Groups

In June, we hosted several Local User Group meetings with a range of incredible topics and a lot of fun, like the Paris, FR User Group (below). We also successfully reactivated The Netherlands User Group. If you are interested in running a User Group in your region, please feel free to contact usergroups@alteryx.com.

MeganDibble_3-1688685205887.jpeg

Head over to the roundup page to watch these meetings and gain insights from other analytics professionals. And if you want to join a future meeting, check out the events calendar.

SparkED

The SparkED team recently welcomed its newest students to the scholarship program! Learn more about these three deserving students and the data analytics education opportunities at Irvine Valley College in this blog.

Additional Opportunities

If you love Alteryx, you have the opportunity to share your experiences via G2 Crowd here to help other data analysts like you learn more about Alteryx. Each review earns a $25 Amazon Gift card!

Read & Listen

Time to dive into a content recap!

Our Alter Everything podcast took on some hot topics in AI and machine learning. In episode 134, we heard from Snowflake’s head of AI/ML strategy Ahmad Khan about the possibilities for AI use in the analytics field and how machine learning is becoming increasingly accessible. And in episode 136, Fiddler CEO Krishna Gade shared about MLOps, how the field is shifting in light of AI developments, and establishing trust with responsible AI in organizations.

This month on the Community blogs, we had some fantastic “how-to" articles. @JosephSerpis showed us how Blob Tools and Control Containers can be used in tandem to output formatted Excel reports in this article. @pmaier1971 walked us through customer-managed telemetry in the new Enterprise Starter Kit. And @caltang gave great tips on how to reverse engineer your current data processes in Alteryx.

On the data science blog, we had some insightful articles on Alteryx Machine Learning. @karstenchu shared methods for period determination with time series data, and @jeremyshih demonstrated a useful new AML feature—exporting models as Python scripts.

That's all for this month! We hope you are having a great summer and have the chance to take some vacation time as well.

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments