Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

ACEs (25).png

Today’s ACE spotlight is @OllieClarke  Keep reading to learn more about Ollie and what makes him a unique Alteryx super user.

Tell us a bit about your professional background. 

I've been a Tableau and Alteryx consultant since Feb 2018 when I joined the Data School in London. Since graduating that in Dec 2019, I've been working at The Information Lab UK as one of their core consultants.

MeganDibble_0-1664923552212.png

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know? 

I used to be a professional singer before I was seduced by data analytics. You can still sometimes see me tenoring if you look in the right corner of London at the right time – but for the good of everybody my soloing days are behind me.

What is your favorite Alteryx tool, and why? 

Multi-Field Formula tool. Mainly because I can update field values and field types in one tool.

What has been your favorite Alteryx project? 

I had a fun project where I was using Alteryx to check Tableau Server usage by users. We automated the process of seeing who wasn't using it, emailing them, reminding them again and if they still hadn't used it in 2 weeks - unlicensing them. That or anything spatial.

What is your favorite Alteryx memory? 

Cutting a rug to Vampire Weekend along with the Alteryx Community at Inspire 2022

image005.gif

What advice do you have for new community members?

Get involved! Do weekly challenges to improve your knowledge of Alteryx. Check out the discussion pages - the chances are someone has had the same problem as you before and it will have been solved :)

What is your favorite way to engage as an ACE? Also, what area of the online community do you spend the most time in?

I like solving problems, so the designer discussion pages and the weekly challenges are probably where I spend the most time.

Silly question... if you were a kitchen appliance/utensil, what would you be and why? 

I've been called a spatula before...

Ok, now finally, let’s do a quick “This or That” to get to know your Alteryx preferences!

This or That Alteryx Edition (Instagram Story) (38) (1).png

Tune in next week to meet another amazing ACE!

Want to learn more about what ACEs do and how to become one? Check out this page to see details about the program.

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@OllieClarke , I love the gif of you throwing shapes in the cathedral of dance...

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@mceleavey I have 1 move, but it's a good move

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

agreed.gif

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Unlicensing them that is brutal, but I like it @OllieClarke !

Emil_Kos_0-1664976319830.png

MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@mceleavey a poetic description of that GIF