Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

MeganDibble_0-1661298709217.png

Today’s ACE spotlight is @Jean-Balteryx! Keep reading to learn more about Jean-Baptiste and what makes him a unique Alteryx super user.

Tell us a bit about your professional background.

I studied computing for five years: 3 years of programming and 2 years of Business Intelligence.

After completing my studies, I started to work at a consulting firm in BI, working with Business Objects. Then I moved to another consulting firm that partners with Alteryx and Tableau to work on both tools. It was during the hiring process for this firm that I discovered Alteryx and that I fell in love with the tool.

It just clicked. It matches my way of thinking and I feel like I’m where I belong using this tool.

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know? 

I tend to want to play anytime at anything! If I see a pool table, I'll challenge someone to a game, etc. (I had to think about this one… I may not be a fun person.)

Alteryx-related, I collect swag (especially pins and clothes) and wear at least one Alteryx apparel when going to a client.

received_1449182242174079.jpeg   received_490681452872088.jpeg

What is your favorite Alteryx tool, and why? 

Formula, for all the possibilities it offers. You don't even need spatial tools with it! And, its functions remind me of programming.

What has been your favorite Alteryx project? 

Questions pour un outil (Questions for a tool)! It was a project I created in the French community last year. It involved quizzing users twice a week on both practical and theoretical questions about Alteryx. The series ran for about a year so it was my biggest Alteryx project.

What is your favorite Alteryx memory? 

Inspire 2022 in Denver is my favorite Alteryx memory. Meeting wonderful users and Alteryx employees and feeling the amazing vibe there!

My favorite part was the ACE day—that was the first time I met the ACEs, and we were able to meet with the product team at Alteryx. We were able to talk about our ideas for the software, and it felt like we could have an impact on future versions.

What advice do you have for new community members?

Engage and don't hesitate to try things! Don’t hesitate to ask questions. Also, if you try to answer questions and solve others’ problems, that can help you learn.

You can also write blog posts about things you are passionate about and join your local user group. Or speak at an event! Depending on your preferences, there are many ways to engage, so everyone can find something to do.

What is your favorite way to engage as an ACE? Also, what area of the online community do you spend the most time in?

Creating new and fun learning content! I spend the most time in the French community.

Silly question... if you were a kitchen appliance/utensil, what would you be and why? 

Chef's hat because it only needs to rest on chef's head!

Ok, now finally, let’s do a quick “This or That” to get to know your Alteryx preferences!

MeganDibble_4-1661298229888.png

Tune in next week to meet another amazing ACE!

Want to learn more about what ACEs do and how to become one? Check out this page to see details about the program.

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

PS I enjoyed dinners drinks and games with you too. 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I sure did too ! And those sunglasses ...

DataNath
17 - Castor

Another great read, and from a fellow TIL-er! Definitely need to try and get my hands on some swag - I'm a sucker for merch. Hopefully catch you in Sitges to have a good chat!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Alteryx trousers! amazing 😆

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@DataNath I am too ! No shame ! 

We'll definitely have a chat in Sitges !

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@IraWatt remote + Alteryx trousers, best combo ever !

shannonem
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for sharing @Jean-Balteryx! It has been amazing to have you in the ACE Program and thank you for everything you have done for the Alteryx Community. It was fun meeting you at Inspire! 

MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thank you @MeganDibble !