Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

MeganDibble_3-1664291764519.png

Today’s ACE spotlight is @cgoodman3! Keep reading to learn more about Chris and what makes him a unique Alteryx super user.

Tell us a bit about your professional background. 

In my career I’ve always had a role which has data and analysis at its core, from transport planning through to accountancy and now my role in leading Alteryx at PwC.

When I say I lead Alteryx at PwC, here’s an example of what that looks like: my whole afternoon has been a variety of calls, either with Alteryx people or folks within PwC talking about Alteryx, and interviewing someone for an Alteryx based role. So my job covers anything and everything to do with Alteryx. And I’m quite fortunate because of how PwC has invested in upskilling people with tools like Alteryx, Power BI, and Tableau. Given PwC has trained 1,000s of people, I get to be in a role where there’s a lot of users, and it’s very exciting.

We have people at all stages of their Alteryx everywhere across the organization, whether they have just attended their first training session through to having three people who are Expert certified, and we've got to meet their needs all at the same time. So it's very different from taking one team on a journey to maturity. We’ve got challenges all around, like getting people to adopt Alteryx at such a large scale. It’s a very fun goal and there's never a dull day with it, which is great.

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know? 

I have competed for Great Britain in two different sports. I started with archery from the age of 7, and competed in my first international competition when I was 15. Then when I was at university I took up running and cycling and ended up being selected to represent Great Britain at the World age group duathlon (10k run, 40k cycle, 5k run) championships. 

MeganDibble_0-1664291699922.pngMeganDibble_1-1664291699938.jpeg

What is your favorite Alteryx tool, and why? 

The Download tool, as I love working on automation-based workflows and extending the functionality of Alteryx through APIs.

What has been your favorite Alteryx project? 

Something with spatial analytics in it. Prior to working at PwC I was a transport planner, so I would work with spatial data all the time but didn’t really understand GIS tools. With Alteryx, I’ve been able to re-pick up the spatial capabilities and apply them to advisory projects.

What is your favorite Alteryx memory? 

Posting my first problem on Community about something I was spending a few hours trying to figure out, and then having two ACEs jump in and provide a solution on a Friday night.

What advice do you have for new community members?

Be active on Community; there are so many great resources to help your own development such as the learning pathways and weekly challenges

What is your favorite way to engage as an ACE? Also, what area of the online community do you spend the most time in?

Ideas—I feel that as an ACE I can prod around in the product and bring my experience to help the product evolve. I also enjoy being involved in the beta testing.

Do you create any content outside of the community?

I do a blog called Alter Tricks with Joshua Burkhow (@JoshuaB). We both worked at PwC, but I am based in London and he was based in Florida. I ended up connecting with him on Twitter while I was in Florida on vacation, but didn’t meet him in person. We started having calls at work to talk about Alteryx and then we started a blog together to share insights from those discussions with everyone. 

MeganDibble_2-1664291700053.jpeg

Silly question... if you were a kitchen appliance/utensil, what would you be and why? 

Oh tricky… I’ve never thought of this. It’s normally what is your spirit animal? and I didn’t know the answer to that one so I did an online personality quiz to work it out. But I can’t find a kitchen utensil one. 

I’ll say whisk as it helps mix things up, but also gets you to where you want to be faster, so kind of similar to how Alteryx gets you to insights faster.

Ok, now finally, let’s do a quick “This or That” to get to know your Alteryx preferences!

This or That Alteryx Edition (Instagram Story) (37) (1).png

Tune in next week to meet another amazing ACE!

Want to learn more about what ACEs do and how to become one? Check out this page to see details about the program.

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Maybe Alteryx can be used to create a "what kitchen utensil are you" quiz/app🤔

JoshuaB
Alteryx Product Evangelist
Alteryx Product Evangelist

I still love talking Alteryx with you @cgoodman3 and so proud of our work at www.altertricks.com!